Breast Cancer Outreach & Advocacy Efforts: A Legacy Still in Action
Silent Spring Institute's Dr. Jennie Ohayon will be speaking at a virtual panel conversation with breast cancer and environmental advocates and researchers, organized by the Breast Cancer and the Environment Research Program (BCERP).
Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 1:30-3:00pm Eastern Time
Register Today: A Zoom meeting link will be provided at registration
About the event
For over two decades, advocates and researchers have partnered to translate critical findings on breast cancer prevention to the public and policymakers. In this webinar, breast cancer advocates and researchers will discuss their “lessons learned” and the path forward. A series of lightning talks will be followed by Q&A about:
- Key take-aways from advocates and scientists working together
- Advice on becoming an advocate
- The future of breast cancer and environmental advocacy
- Engaging the next generation of advocates
Moderator: Kami Silk, University of Delaware
- Karen Miller, Huntington Breast Cancer Action Coalition
- Michele Rakoff, City of Hope
- Anna G. Symington, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Chiranjeev Dash, Georgetown University
- Jennifer Ohayon, Silent Spring Institute
- Kimberly Burke, Columbia University
Researchers, cancer advocates, and breast cancer survivors are encouraged to attend!
This public meeting is organized by the Breast Cancer and the Environment Research Program supported by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and the National Cancer Institute.